How Your Contribution is Used
Thank you for your support.
Here are some of the things we achieved together in 2019:
You changed the lives of 334 students in 2019.
- Your contributions allowed us to pay full scholarships to these children in 5 African countries, covering tuition fees, books, and uniforms.
- Your donations have benefitted 27 species. They include orphaned gorillas and chimpanzees in four countries, as well as elephants in Kenya and pangolins in Uganda.
- You’ve provided 456 books to classrooms in Africa. The children of conservation workers are receiving an education because of you.
- You’ve fed 193 children at our school in Zambia every day. Before you funded this lunch program, these kids ate one meal a day and only had protein once a week. Now, they eat a wholesome protein lunch every day at school, thanks to you.
Our 2020 Programs So Far
COVID-19 Crisis Update
Your donations have allowed our women's project in Uganda to make several hundred cloth face masks for animal caretakers, their families, and vulnerable members of the Myende community during COVID-19.
We have also provided more than 40 foot-operated handwashing stations to villages with no running water on Koome Island, Uganda.
Click for more info on our response to the COVID-19 crisis.
We are continuing our core programs, including scholarships for all the young people we have committed to support. Our school lunch program continues to feed children every day and the battle against poaching during COVID-19 is as critical as ever.
As a 501(c)3 organization, Children of Conservation operates as a nonprofit and all contributions are tax-deductible.
Every donated dollar goes directly to Children of Conservation's programs.
Your donations pay for:
- our scholarship program supporting hundreds of students annually
- books and uniforms for children of African wildlife sanctuary workers (starting in 1st grade through university).
- upkeep of the school we constructed in Zambia
- the school lunch program
- Fallen Wildlife Heroes fund
- Myende Capital Campaign
- Anti-poaching programs in Uganda and Kenya
Our tremendous volunteers help keep administrative costs down and all other administrative costs are funded by the Children of Conservation board and non-tax-deductible ticket sales from our events.
Guidestar is an independent organization that provides oversight of all charities in the USA, collecting data directly from the IRS and the charities themselves. You can find further information about our organizational structure, governance, projects and finances by visiting our profile page on GuideStar.