How Your Contribution is Used
Thank you for your support this year.
Here are some of the things we’ve achieved together:
You’ve changed the lives of 334 students this year.
- Your contributions allowed us to pay full scholarships to these children in 5 African countries, covering tuition fees, books, and uniforms.
- Your donations have benefitted 27 species. They include orphaned gorillas and chimpanzees in four countries, as well as elephants in Kenya and pangolins in Uganda.
- You’ve provided 456 books to classrooms in Africa. The children of conservation workers are receiving an education because of you.
- You’ve fed 193 children at our school in Zambia every day. Before you funded this lunch program, these kids ate one meal a day and only had protein once a week. Now, they eat a wholesome protein lunch every day at school, thanks to you.
COVID-19 Crisis Update
Your donations allowed our women's project in Uganda to make hundreds of masks for animal caretakers, their families, and vulnerable members of the community during COVID-19.
Click for more info on our response to the COVID-19 crisis.
As a 501(c)3 organization, Children of Conservation operates as a nonprofit and all contributions are tax-deductible.
Every donated dollar goes directly to Children of Conservation's programs.
Your donations pay for:
- our scholarship program
- funding tuition
- books and uniforms for children of African wildlife sanctuary workers (starting in 1st grade through university).
- The middle school we constructed in Zambia
- the school lunch program
The middle school and school lunch programs were funded through foundation and individual donations.
Our tremendous volunteers help keep administrative costs down and all other administrative costs are funded by the Children of Conservation board and non-tax-deductible ticket sales from our events.
For more information, please view our annual reports and financial statements below.